Sunday, February 17, 2013

Disney Weekend!

The weekend of January 11th - 13th I hosted a Disney weekend for myself and two of the girls I met at the interviews, Laura and Victoria. Through Facebook, we had planned to get together once before we all leave for Florida. Victoria, a.k.a. Tori, was the first of us to go. She started at Disney on January 29th in Food & Beverage. Laura, who it turns out lives not far from me in Waterloo, will start on April 9th, also in Food & Beverage. They're both really lovely and this weekend we spent together was a lot of fun!
 
On Friday night, I drove to the bus terminal in Kitchener and met up with Laura and Tori. It was great to see them again. It had been exactly two months since we met at The Olde Spaghetti Factory. We got into my car, the girls each taking turns in the passenger seat, and drove to Turtle Jacks for dinner. We had a great time talking about how amazing the year ahead was going to be and reminiscing about the whole application process. We also made several plans for our time at Disney, including Once Upon a Time Tea Parties where we'll catch up on episodes of the show Once Upon a Time and drink tea. Just my thing!
 
After dinner, we drove home where we had the basement to ourselves. We spent the night gabbing about Disney and everything in between. The three of us have a lot of similar interests e.g. books, movies, music, etc. We could have easily talked all night, but we wanted to at least be functional the next day. We finally went to bed around 3:00 or 4:00.
 
In the morning, we went to Tim Horton's for coffee and made plans to see the film Les Miserables in the afternoon. I had already seen it once before (I'm a big fan of musical theatre). I cried the first time, but for some reason the emotions were hitting home a lot harder the second time around. There were several points where I could hardly contain myself. I was sensing the same from the girls. In retrospect, I feel a little bad that part of our Disney weekend was spent in tears, but honestly the film was brilliant. It deserves every accolade it's going to receive this award season.
 
After the movie, we needed something to lighten our spirits. Tori has quite a collection of Disney board games, some of which she brought along for the weekend. We played Disney Music (my favourite), Disney Pictionary, Disney Wheel of Fortune and a Disney Haunted Mansion board game. I offered up a version of Finish the Lyric with my Disney CD collection in which we played Disney songs on shuffle play and see who can finish the lyrics to the song once it stops playing. We got really into it! I got to show off my masterful drawing skills (not really) during Pictionary and nearly epically failed to correctly identify the phrase, THE SWORD IN THE STONE during Wheel of Fortune.
 
Between the Disney experience and all of our shared interests, we didn't have any trouble keeping busy that weekend. It went by in a flash. On Sunday morning, we had a final Tim's run and I dropped the girls off at the bus terminal. Laura's boyfriend was there to pick her up and we watched as Tori's bus left for Barrie.
 
All in all, it was an awesome weekend. The three of us hit it off really well. I look forward to many more great times at Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment