Friday, February 15, 2013

Pre-Arrival, December 2012

In the months leading up to my arrival at Disney, there were several tasks that needed to be completed beforehand. The first and most immediately crucial of these was a criminal background check. This would require me to visit my local police station. I went to the one closest to me in Cambridge on December 5th. I asked the attendant in the records area of the building for a criminal background check. I explained that it was for a job in the U.S. I paid a fee of $35, filled out a form and the attendant used two pieces of ID (my driver's license and my health card) and performed the background check on the computer. Within a few minutes, the results were in. She told me I was fine, no convictions. (What a relief!) She stamped the form and I was good to go. I scanned and emailed the document to Kristen when I got home. It felt good to have the first major task scratched off the list.
 
On the same day, Kristen confirmed her receipt of my background check and asked me to confirm my preferred mailing address. This is so they can send the Disney Welcome Pack. I emailed her back confirming that the address they have on file is the right one. Kristen would periodically send updates and reminders, which was really helpful. She's been there for us every step of the way. 
 
I enjoyed a nice Christmas at home with my family. This would be prime time for me to spend time with them (immediate and extended) and also with friends (those close and those I don't see on a regular basis). We had several celebrations in honour of my new journey, which I liked. My parents have already decided they want to come down to Disney for next Christmas. That would be awesome especially since we haven't had a Disney vacation as a whole family in 10 years! They gave me a few presents that would come in handy for my trip, including a large suitcase and a new digital camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment