Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dreams Come True!

The next morning, I woke up at around 11:00am. I remember thinking, maybe the jury is out! The first thing I did was log into my email, and sure enough, there was an email from Kristen with the words Walt Disney World in the subject line. Before clicking it, I took a deep breath and thought, this is it. This is what will determine whether or not I go to Disney. Whatever it says, it'll be all right. I clicked the email and this is what I saw:

Greetings!

I hope you enjoyed the interviews and are more excited for Florida! The Walt Disney World Representatives have informed me it was a pleasure meeting you and also gave me the enjoyment to be the first to say…..
 
CONGRATULATIONS!!
 
Disney World would like to offer you a Role in Role Rotation with Food and Beverage
on the Cultural Representative Program starting March 5, 2013- February 28, 2014
 
For a few seconds, I just stared at it in shock. I read over the email a few times to make sure it was real, and then I started crying. I couldn't believe this was happening. Finally, my Disney dream had come true! After I got that out, I turned into a five-year-old and started laughing and jumping up and down. I couldn't contain my excitement!
 
My parents were both at work and I wanted to tell them in person. My brother was the first to hear about it as he happened to be home at the time. He was happy for me. I called my sister at school and she was excited and impressed that I got my results so quickly. We gabbed a bit about how awesome it was going to be and when she could come and visit.
 
I logged onto Facebook and found that quite a few of my newfound friends had also received acceptances. I couldn't be more thrilled for all of us! When my parents got home, they were of course very happy to hear this news. They started making plans right away to visit over Christmas. Yes, it was a very good day :)

I sent an email to Kristen telling her that I'd like to accept the offer and I thanked her again for helping my Disney dream come true. I felt like I was standing on the brink of something great; like some exciting and wonderful change was coming into my life. Today, less than a month away from my start date, I'm still amazed and excited about my new journey. I fully intend to blog and update frequently about said journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment